Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. This means that at no cost to you, we may earn a small commission for qualifying purchases.
When it comes to finding a reputable tattoo kit you are overwhelmed with choices. They all claim to be the best but not all of them can back up their claims.
If you’re reading this then you’re probably wondering how the Solong tattoo kit stacks up to the competition. Solong has stood the test of time as they’ve been involved in the tattoo industry for over a decade now. They supply quality equipment to their customers all over the world.
We decided to put this tattoo kit to the test and see if it lives up to the hype. Read our full Solong tattoo kit review to see if their ink and machine are worth your money.
Solong Tattoo Kit at a Glance
- Good quality at an affordable price
- Versatile ink
- Ink is vegan friendly
- Easy setup and application process
- Sterilized needles free from germs
- Comes with all the necessary equipment
- The carrying case is good for storing and keeping the equipment safe from theft
- Some customers claim that the packaging isn’t very good, and as a result, machines get damaged, or the ink spills
- 4 professional tattoo guns/coil machines in different colors
- LCD digital display power supply
- Foot-operated pedal
- Clips cord
- 54 bottles of premium color ink for practicing (all gamma-sterilized and ready to use)
- 50 needles of assorted sizes
- 2 tattoo grips made out of aluminum
- 60 stainless steel tattoo tips with various sizes
- Soft cleaning brush for tattoo tips
- 100 ink cups
- 50 rubber o-shaped rings
- Practice synthetic skin for practicing your designs
- 50 rubber bands for the machine
- 50 colorful gromits
- Tattoo machine tools for adjusting the settings and fixing
- 2 sets of sterile, disposable tattoo gloves
- Full instructions on using every part of the kit
Solong Tattoo Kit Specifications
- Weight: 4.41lbs (6.2lbs shipped weight)
- Dimensions: 10.6 x 8.3 x 5.5 inches
Solong Tattoo Machine Review
Build Quality: The manufacturing process of Solong is automated as much as possible. This means that there is more consistency with the build quality than with other brands.
Affordable Pricing: If you’re just starting out with your tattooing then you might not want to invest a ton of money into a tattoo kit at first. If this is the case then the Solong Tattoo Machine & Ink will serve you well. The pricing is affordable compared to its competitors.
Accessories included: Solong has generously included many accessories in this complete tattoo kit. There is a wide selection of needles, tips and guns. The disposable gloves are a nice touch as well.
How to Use the Solong Tattoo Kit
No matter if you’re a beginner or a professional tattoo artist before you use your Solong tattoo kit, you need to know what you’re doing and the necessary safety steps to take.
Here’s a quick run-down of how to tattoo safely and effectively using this kit.
Always read the instructions thoroughly to make sure you know how to use the machine properly and get the best results from your inking. You can check online to get advice and tutorials on this machine.
Before you grab the gun, you should first plan out your tattoo on paper. You can use whatever type of art materials you like the most. Marker pens are a good option.
Practice on something that’s similar to skin: instead of drawing all over you or your friends’ skin with a marker pen, you can try it on tattoo practice skin.
Do a pigment patch test to make sure that the ink is suitable for use on skin. All of the Solong inks are safe and sterilized with gamma rays, but it’s still a good idea to be 100% sure before starting the tattoo. Solong give step-by-step instructions on how to do a pigment patch test on their website.
Keep in mind that tattooing must only be done on someone that knows what they’re getting into. Tattoos should never be performed on or by a drunk person if they are ill or feeling weak, and any medication should be taken into consideration too.
The Solong tattoo ink and machine is a solid piece of equipment in this kit and is good for anyone just starting out.
If you want to practice and try tattoos at home, instead of using a machine in a professional setting on customers, then this is a great place to start.
We hope you’ve found our Solong tattoo ink review informative, and that it’s helped you make a decision.